Saturday, February 2

Another Valentine Giftie


I've made another Valentine gift bag/card holder thing. This would be fun for doorknobs, pegboards, mantels, whatever. If you attach 2 straight ribbons to the top instead of a loop, you could tie it up anywhere. I love Valentine crafts!

Update: Cassi at The Crafty Crow has posted this today (1/09) so I thought I'd add a bit more detail.
This heart is, at it's widest, a little over 6" wide, about 4 1/2" down the center. I don't remember exactly how I made it, but here's a guess:
Cut a red felt heart and a larger pink one (about 1/2" wider all around).
Cut a strip long enough to serve as the loop for hanging.
Trace the bottom half of the red heart and cut shape to make pocket.
Cut a pink strip about an inch wide and slightly longer than your red pocket. Use pinking shears down one length.
Sew the pink strip to the top of your pocket, leaving the pinked edge exposed. Trim the sides.
Place the red strip in back of pink heart to form a loop. Secure with a spot of glue.
Layer pieces-red pocket, red heart, pink heart, loop. Sew around the border. Pink the edges of the pink heart.
Embellish with small felt cut-outs, like a pink flower, red center with white button stitched on (or similar).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! You're inspiring me (again)...I may find myself making some of those to give with tiny treats in them.

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

How cute is that?!

Jenny K. said...

I will have to make this - it is so clever and perfect for my little ones come Valentine's Day. And, where did you get the adorable vintage valentines???

Patty said...

I have a whopping two vintage Valentines and I was just thinking how I could display them. Your heart is perfect! Thanks for sharing how to make them!

Sheila said...

I'm curious where you found those beautiful vintage valentines. Thanks.

Barbara Brown said...

man, that is so stinkin cute. i came across you on the crafty crow. my kids could leave secret messages in these cute heart pockets. have to make some of them. thank you for the wonderful idea.

Anonymous said...

i linked to this post today; thank you for the darling idea!

Megan said...

Jenny K and Sheila,
I have found several vintage valentines over the years in local antique shops. I don't have a very big collection because I won't pay very much for them. I have been lucky to find a few really cute inexpensive ones. Now is the perfect time to find them in antique shops, if you want the search to be convenient!