Tuesday, June 3

New look!

I am still making changes to my blog, but have finished what I think is the major work.
I actually followed a tutorial and converted my blog to three columns all by myself. I feel like this is a major accomplishment! Then my well-known blogging friend, Jess, who happens to be a talented, insightful and detailed graphic designer offered to redesign my header and logo to better suit me. (I really never work with purple but am always taken with red. And turquoise.) I am so happy with my new color scheme! Jess, you're awesome! (She's a freelancer, too, if you're wondering.)
Now, as I'm writing, colors are appearing that I thought I changed, so this post is kind of a test.
Here goes!

12 comments:

Amy said...

The new look is great! I especially love your color choice.

Your blog is so enjoyable to read. Thanks for sharing all your ideas and fun activities.

The Jerrolds Family said...

I love it & I am so impressed! Blue & red are Emma's room colors! So fun!

Anonymous said...

Very hip! I love it. :)

kate said...

I've been checking out your site for a bit and I have loved it. And I LOVE this look even more. SO cute! I think I might borrow the idea for some wall art ;)

Grandma G said...

Nice going on the 3 columns... all by yourself! :-) I like your new header colors better, too. That Jess IS super, isn't she? ;-)

Quite a vacation you're having... the "vacation" part must be in having your mom play with the kids while you play on the computer, huh? ;-) And I'll bet your mom loves every second of it!

mayaluna said...

I love your new color scheme...the entire feel and look of the new header is perfect!

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

I thought this looked different. I love it. The colors are great!

Jessica Jones said...

Megan, I'm so happy with the red! Purple seemed like a logical fit for "plum pudding" back when I first designed it and your blog was empty and had no posts. But your piano post clinches it. Think how nasty that would look with the old purple header. People would be throwing up on their keyboards. Your blog was destined to be red.

Anonymous said...

I'm all for anything that causes less throwing up, Jess! What you did looks fabulous. And yes, perfect w/the piano post!

katy said...

beautiful!

Thanks for the link about the 3 columns. I was actually going to ask you how to do that.

Rahiakil said...

I too got a 3 column, great looks
http://concentratedlemonjuice.blogspot.com/

Swiss Ms. said...

This does look more like you! Nice!