Friday, November 21

Cashew-Caramel Cookies

This is not an everyday cookie. I first made these a couple years ago and am just making them again. Not that they aren't delicious, because they are. Buying a couple jars of cashews and a bag of caramels, though, is a little much. I put this in the holiday splurge cookie category.
These are made with cashew butter (ground yourself in the food processor) and chopped cashews. How often do you have that in a cookie? Probably not often, which is something I like about these. It's nice to have an out-of-the-ordinary cookie for holiday parties and gifts.
The recipe for these Cashew-Caramel Cookies is here at Martha Stewart.

Notes: The caramel topping is a little tricky. The recipe suggests drizzling with a spoon and pictures a beautiful little zigzag pattern, but we (my children and I) found it difficult to drizzle. We opted for dropping a blob in the center and spreading it a little. Also, the caramel remains sticky so you can't layer these cookies. They are delicious without the caramel, but it is a nice touch and may be a shame to not at least try it.
The recipe is a little fussy in that you are supposed to remove the cookie sheet halfway through baking to press the cookies with a spatula then return for the remainder of the bake time. I'm lazy when it comes to turning pans and foods over during cooking, but if you're in the kitchen anyway, I suppose it's not that big of a deal.
Enjoy!

My holiday cookies, 2008:
#1 Molasses
#2 Cashew-Caramel

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, I found your blog a few days ago and I love it! I hope you don't mind that I put your salad spinner painting idea on my blog, it is just so cute! http://craftsandwhatnot.blogspot.com/ if it bothers you at all I will take it down.

As for those cookies...YUM

Anonymous said...

Anything full of cashews HAS to be fabulous! Yum!

Amy said...

I don't think I've heard you mention these before. They look yummy.

Kellie said...

Yum, these look like sin on a plate, Tempting and irresistible. I am going to have to try and make these.

DCAja said...

very nice...!

Asuransi Kendaraan said...

I like this cake so much, this cake is usually served by my grandmother when I was little, my grandmother likes to make it for me when I want to vacation.

Travel said...

I like cashew very much, I think I'm gonna try to make the cookies. Putting a little caramel on the top would be nice. I believe my children would love it. I will also bring the cookies at friends gathering at Asuransi Perjalanan.