Friday, February 20

Hanging photo display

Every once in a while I have this need to make something specific and this morning was one of those whiles. I constructed this simple photo display using materials I had on hand: computer-printed photos, cardstock (optional), laminating sheet (optional), tin can lids, ribbon, double stick tape, scissors and/or circle cutter. Oh, and a power drill. I cut and laminated photos (backed with yellow cardstock) to fit some lids from the recycling bin. I drilled some holes at the top and bottom of each lid and threaded an 1/8" ribbon through (with the ribbon behind the lid). Lastly, I stuck the photos in and hung it from a little nail.

Related: Some time ago, I shared a little tutorial for making single photo magnets with can lids.

And just FYI, in case it makes any of you feel any better...things do go pretty much to pot in our home if I take time to work on a project by myself without first having a plan for keeping the kids occupied. This morning I had no plan. I never learn.

Also today, catch me at Blissful Kids. I'm guest posting with our faithful granola recipe.
They have some very talented and creative contributors at Blissful Kids. It's a great resource for playful and educational activities to do with your children. Check it out!

12 comments:

JulieAnn said...

Cute, Megan!!

At the preschool I worked at, we used the plastic lids from single-serving Spaghettios or soup as templates and put the kids' pictures in them (like you did) and then we strung them with ribbons (like you did) but used them as ornaments/parent gifts.

Very cute.

Amy said...

That is so cute! I might have to try that once we get some wedding photos to work with.

Grandma G said...

So simple yet so cute!

Amanda @ www.kiddio.org said...

What a great idea Megan! I love your aesthetic :)

SouthernDogwoods said...

I love this idea! And thanks for the link to the magnets too! Both great ideas. I will be making the magnets soon!!!!

Brook said...

thats super cute!

Amy said...

That would just make me happy every time I looked at it! I saw that bird mug at the thrift store today...now I wish I would have gotten it, but there was only one.

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea. I love any craft that uses recycled materials.

Anonymous said...

That's really cool looking. Great photos.

I saw this project and thought it would be right up your alley: http://www.recyclart.org/2009/02/recycled-magazine-bows/

Door Gifts said...

Lovely, I love to see how the kid slowly grow up.

zaenal said...

Every once in a while I have this need to make something specific and this morning was one of those whiles.
Pabrik Boiler steam
jual boiler steam vertikal
jual burner Gas Riello
jual boiler solar 500 Kg
jual pompa KSB Etanorm SYT
jual brner solar

zaenal said...

trimaksih artikelnya gan
jual burner riello gas RS 100
jual pipa boiler fire tube
Distributor steam boiler solar
jual economizer Boiler
harga boiler pabrik sawit
jual boiler lokal di indonesia