Monday, February 25

Peanut Butter Granola Balls

I'm feeling behind when it comes to crafty projects. I thought I'd have a lot of little Easter things going and thought I would have finished my kids' art display project, but no. I am working on that, though! Since I don't have one of those projects to share, I thought I'd post a fun recipe. We tend to bake a lot more in the winter since we don't get out as much and since my kids do really enjoy it. These snacks are fun for them to mix up and put in the cups (no baking at all, actually). The stovetop part is obviously parents-only, but it's quick, and then you can transfer the heated ingredients to a mixing bowl.

Ingredients

Makes 24

  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 1 cup crisp rice cereal
  • 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
  • 1/4 cup dried fruit

Directions

  1. In a small saucepan over medium, heat honey, peanut butter, and butter. Stir until loosened and smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cereal, oats, and dried fruit.
  2. Drop mixture by the tablespoon into mini paper cupcake or candy liners. Place on a rimmed baking sheet, and refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes. To store, refrigerate in an airtight container up to 1 week.
Note: The word "ball" in the recipe title is misleading, I've found. Ours have never set up into balls, but we didn't find that too important.
(Recipe from Everyday Food)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum, I want some! I think I like any recipe that involves peanut butter, baked or not.

Anonymous said...

You find the best recipes! I have to try this one. Yum!

Posh Lady said...

This looks YUMMY!