Friday, December 5

If furniture could talk....

Attention all dressers, beds, forgotten toys, and gigantic dust bunnies:
MISSING
1 pair boys' brown pants, size 2T
1 pair women's jeans, size...let's just say "between pregnancies"
1 orange sippy cup, likely 1/2 full of soured milk
1/4 of a grilled cheese sandwich
1 green Thomas the Train wagon
1 parrot
1 cheetah
1 large canvas bag
1 recipe for pumpkin bread
1 pair men's blue shorts, size unknown
1 wedding ring...yikes!
1 round plastic Pyrex lid
1 pair baby fingernail clippers
Any possessing knowledge leading to the whereabouts of any of these items, please respond immediately. Anonymous tips accepted.

So, I wouldn't want my furniture, appliances, toys, and closets talking to me on a regular basis. I'd certainly get far too many cries of pain and domestic criticisms. But, I think if my possessions could speak strictly when spoken to, it'd be pretty beneficial.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Don't know about any of those particular items...

I do, however, specifically remember dropping a fully-intact "girl" cheese sandwich behind the dresser when I was approximately five years old.

Yum.

Megan said...

I considered mentioning your habits, but didn't. But another good reason for furniture-speak. These are just a few things I'm aware of missing. What about all the random, possibly nasty, items that I didn't know were misplaced?

Anonymous said...

If the wedding ring was in your pocket when the pocket went into the wash, the ring could be hanging out in the dryer...
Not that I speak from experience or anything...

Anonymous said...

I specifically remember FINDING the fully-intact (and by that time, rock-hard) "girl" cheese sandwich behind said dresser. Good luck getting the furniture to 'fess up.

kiddlebug said...

Love it! We are missing some of the same things, including the wedding ring!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

hehee! i think my washer steals socks all the time!

Anonymous said...

I don't know about your items, but my kiddos found a McDs chicken nugget that was *several* months old in my truck and it looked just like it did the day we bought it.