Wednesday, August 5

"Kids are funny, " I said.

It is so very true that kids say the funniest things. From the time they start putting words together, they're comedians. Unintentionally, usually. Of course, I have not been very good about recording all the funny things that have been said in this house in the last 4 years, which I do regret, but thank goodness, they're still putting on a show.
I have been entertained most recently by my children narrating the lives and comments of their toys and of themselves. First I started hearing comments followed by a slight pause and a "said So and so" tacked onto the end. Like, "I want to use that coloring book,' said Thomas." I found that hysterical enough. And seemed to be proof they're listening when we read books, which is nice.
Then they made it a little more complex by accompanying each comment with an action, (again, speaking for a toy, as a toy, or as themselves). For example, my son as they were playing with trains yesterday, "'Where's that train turner?' I said, going back in my door." Or as we were on the way to the playground this morning, "Maybe it is,' I said, picking up a stick." Or when served taco salad for dinner, "'I really don't like tomatoes,' I said, taking them out."
These are just samples of the funny and almost constant narration we have going on around here. I'm really enjoying it.

By the way, the picture obviously has nothing to do with this, but I thought it was funny. I said.

11 comments:

moomer said...

Your children have inherited your comedic sense...said Nanna through her laughter.

Beth- the mama bee said...

When my little one plays with her polly pocket dolls she narrates for them. She's recently added songs, It's like a little soundtrack for their lives.

Amy said...

Ha ha. This entry makes me smile.

Rebecca is Thrilled by the Thought said...

Lol. Oh my goodness, that is so funny. You have to get that on video camera. They will love watching themselves say those things when they are older!

Kristin - The Goat said...

I do that every so often, but I don't think it's as funny as a child doing it. lol

Mama Jane said...

I can't say that I recall any of my kids doing that. I think that it is an indication of a natural ability towards writing (storytelling).

Momma said...

This is exactly the type of play I see with my own children. I find it quite amusing.

ANOSH said...

شركة تركيب عفش بالرياض
تركیب وفك المطابخ بالریاض
عامل تركيب ستائر شرق الرياض
شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
شركة تركيب غرف نوم بالرياض
شركة تركيب ستائر بالرياض
مع شركتنا شركة نقل أثاث بالرياض عميلنا العزيز عليك ان تتاكد انك مع افضل وأكبر شركة نقل أثاث بالرياض فنحن نقدم أفضل الطرق والخدمات لنقل الأثاث ونقدم لك عزيزنا العميل أرخص الأسعار في أعمال النقل والفك والتغليف دون ان يتم أي ضرر للأثاث نحن في أنتظار أتصالك الأن والتعاقد معانا

pg เว็บตรง said...

pg เว็บตรง ไม่ผ่านเอเย่นต์ สล็อต PG ที่มีเกมสล็อตให้ได้ทดลองเล่นสล็อตฟรี รวมถึงยังเป็นสล็อต เว็บใหญ่ pgslot รูปแบบใหม่ปัจจุบันนี้ของปี 2022 สล็อตแตกง่ายแม้ว่ามีทุนน้อย

Majortotosite Top said...

Keep blogging on and achieve your goals. All The Best!”

Totopick Pro said...

Very Appropriate. Very interesting, good job and thanks for sharing such a good blog.