Dyed silks
We dyed playsilks a few weeks ago at my parents'. I've been wanting to do this since I saw them here (and then more here). My mom ordered the silks (some 30", some 12") and then I purchased the million packages of Kool-Aid. This was a fun activity and the directions at each of these sites are easy to follow. Now we have a dozen silks for tent-making, dress-up, hairstyling, peek-a-boo, etc., etc. Lots of fun!
The top picture is of our newly dyed silks hanging to dry. The second picture is of the dried silks, sporting a more tie-dyed look since we didn't individually wash the scarves (oops).
Advice: Don't try to dye a dozen silks in one sitting. At least not with small children. It just takes too long. I think 6 would be a lot more doable.
Also, sink or machine wash each scarf individually after dying if you want to avoid the bleeding.



6 comments:
nice! i've been itching to make more - they'd make great birthday gifts (for the right kids) and i want to make some for Christmas presents. And more for us, of course!
Those colors are from kool-aid? WOW! Can't wait to try it.
I've made quite of few of these but can't figure out how to get a blue one. Would you mind telling me which kool-aid package you used to get the blue playsilks? thanks, Melissa
Melissa,
If I remember correctly, I found some Berry Blue packets at a Wal-Mart in Texas. It seems, from what I've read elsewhere, that blue is pretty hard to come by.
This post posted at this web page is truly good.
Thank you for excellent information I was
searching for this info for my mission.
Post a Comment