Tuesday, June 10

Mini splits



My kids have never eaten banana splits, but have pretended to do so. Come to think of it, I don't think they've ever seen a banana split, but they do like ice cream and the other Split ingredients. I was pretty certain they'd enjoy eating them. So yesterday, after a lengthy painting exercise, I surprised them with their very own. Mini slices of banana, mini scoops of ice cream, a little chocolate drizzle, some crushed (hand-picked!) strawberries, chopped nuts, and small dollops of whipped cream. Yum! Nothing beats eating it in the backyard in your diaper, either.

(I pre-froze the mini scoops of ice cream in these cute little muffin tins since I knew they'd melt while preparing the splits.)

4 comments:

Amy said...

What a cute idea- I will have to remember this because we plan to have an ice cream sundae night at our house. Love the mini-muffin tin idea!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! Your little one seemed to enjoy his split! ;)

Grandma G said...

What a great way to relax after a busy day of painting! YUM!!

Looks like everyone's having a great vacation! Loved your painting project and the metal tooling!

Deanna said...

The mini split is such a great idea. We could do that in Sunday School.