Friday, September 19

3 cardboard roll crafts

Here are three projects to satisfy your craving for toilet paper roll crafts: Japanese lantern with streamers, decoupaged noise blower and parade shaker. The second two projects are described in The Preschooler's Busy Book.
For the lantern, I painted my roll, then coated it with Acrylic Gloss Medium. I stuck streamers in the bottom with glue stick, then sliced through the roll with an X-Acto knife. Lastly, I cut through the streamers to make them narrower, and attached a ribbon at the top for hanging. Oh, and squished the roll and pinched the sides.
See materials below.
For the noise blower (kazoo-like thing), rubber band a small piece of wax paper to the bottom of a tube and decorate. I was already using streamers for the shaker, so I decided to get out the Mod Podge for this one. Just tear your crepe paper into little pieces, coat a small area of your roll with Mod Podge, stick on the paper. Keep gluing them on in small sections so the Mod Podge doesn't dry out on your roll. I decoupaged the entire tube, coated it with a layer of Mod Podge to seal it, then put on the wax paper and rubber band.
For the parade shaker: Cut long strips of crepe paper streamers (ours were birthday leftovers) and staple them inside the ends of a cardboard roll. We decorated the tube by glue-sticking and wrapping streamers around the middle. I cut through a few of the streamers on each end to have some narrow strips alongside the wider ones.
See materials at bottom for the noise blower and parade shaker.

8 comments:

Meghan said...

I am so ordering that book.
I have a 2 yr old boy & I need whatever I can get to occupy him!!!

Anonymous said...

Did you stage a parade, too? Sounds fun!

Anonymous said...

I like how the vintage spice jars can be seen in the background of the first photo. :)

Anonymous said...

Blue topaz ring will certainly be thpmas sabo your best option if you are intended to thomas sabo jewellery include a ring into your gemstone jewelry collection. cheap thomas sabo charms Either if you wish to wear the ring on a special occasion or thomas bracelets wear this sort of ornaments on a daily basis, silver charm carriers it is up to your account. Blue thomas sabo necklaces topaz ring can ensure you that you will attract every person.

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Just stumbled upon this post online while I was looking for crafts involving paper tubes! These are so fun looking. Hope you don't mind I linked you up over on my blog tonight to give my readers a few more ideas of crafting fun with their toilet paper tubes!
Thanks.

sex shop blog said...

I found a great deal of helpful info in this post!

Anonymous said...

Cara Cek Pulsa Smartfren
Cara Cek Pulsa Kartu Tri 3
Cara daftar paket internet 3 tri
Cara cek kuota internet tri 3
Cara tranfer pulsa kartu 3 tri
Cara Cek kuota internet IM3
Cara Daftar paket internet IM3
Cara Tranfer pulsa IM3
Cara Cek pulsa IM3
Cara Daftar Paket Internet XL
Cara Tranfer Pulsa XL
Cara Cek Pulsa Kartu XL
Cara Cek kuota internet kartu XL

cotton sheets on sale near me said...

For the noise blower (kazoo-like thing), rubber band a small piece of wax paper to the bottom of a tube and decorate. I was already using streamers for the shaker, so I decided to get out the Mod Podge for this one bath towel gown price in pakistan , hp laptop backpack